1. Waking up at the break of dawn to go shopping is my idea of a nightmare. I think it's completely nuts. This year, I'm focusing on making everything I give away this year. I want people to know that I'm thinking about them, not how much I was willing to spend on them.
2. If I were to go shopping today I would be on the hunt for a KitchenAid Stand Mixer under $100. I feel like I can't call myself a true baker until I own one of these things. I know that good 'ole fashioned elbow grease is good enough, but if I had to have a luxury kitchen item, this would be it. In Apple Green. Ahhhhhh.
3. The best thing I ate yesterday was the sweet corn muffins at the Hilton Garden Inn buffet I went to. It was the best corn muffin I've ever eaten. I considered several times throughout the brunch going up, grabbing like six or seven and smuggling them home in my Vera Bradley. That thing could hold a dozen, but Thanksgiving is about what I'm thankful for, not what I can stuff in my purse. In case you are wondering, no, I did not smuggle any food home. I'm a classy lady. At least, I'd like to think so. Besides, I'm not my grandmother.
4. Something I've been learning lately is: do what you love. Even if you have to eat PB & J to get by. After I quit my job, I was worried about money and whether or not I'd be satisfied, but it really feels good to have the time to properly take care of my home, craft, crochet, blog, bake and work on grad school. The sacrifice is worth it.
5. I cannot start my day without feeding the cats. Seriously. They'll murder me in my sleep. I don't own cats. They own ME.
6. My nighttime attire consists of one of my swim team t-shirts. I've coached high school swimming for three years, so I have quite a collection of t-shirts from competitions. They are comfy. And on chilly nights, my hubby's flannel sleep pants. He never wears them.
7. I am looking forward to the 2nd trimester. I'm 11 weeks and 3 days. Only two weeks left. I can't wait to start showing and I'm hoping some of the nausea and exhaustion will subside. I'm actually sick of taking three-hour naps and waking up groggy.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!