Friday, November 4, 2011

Soup's on!

I've been trying to eat better (not that I've had a huge problem with that before), but I'm having a hard time getting all my veggies in. So I thought one of the best ways to get my veggies in my diet was to make soup! I'm a potato fan, but I really needed a soup that had some protein and greens. So I took a family fave and made some moderations; I removed some of the sodium, added some kale and added some of my favorite pasta.

Country Chicken Noodle Soup

Country Chicken Noodle Soup

1 can of Veg-All (undrained)
1 15 oz can of chunk chicken in water
4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
3 cans of water ( I used the Veg-All can)
2 cups of kale
egg noodles
thyme

I put all of the ingredients in a big stockpot and heat to boiling. Then, I lowered the heat to low. I let it simmer until the egg noodles are done. I think there was enough salt in the Veg-All for me, but I would definitely season to taste. This also tasted great re-heated with a dash of Parmesan cheese and some crusty bread or grilled cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yummy!! This look delicious! :) I fall in love with pumpkin *anything* this time of year, so I'll have to try this...when I get a spare moment!

    ReplyDelete